Marine Physical Laboratory
- Coupling between seismic fields on land and offshore underwater acoustic fields, including those created by land vehicle activity and nuclear tests.
- Geophysical inversions with sources of opportunity.
- Properties of naturally occurring sounds in the ocean, including surf zone activity.
- Underwater vocalizations by marine mammals.
- Acoustic particle velocity and other measurable physical phenomena associated with underwater acoustic fields.
- Matched field processing.
- Infrasonic air acoustics.
- Interference patterns due to waveguide propagation.
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- M.A., University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D., UCSD, Scripps Institution of Oceanography